A peanut butter muffin is so easy to make. Knowing that kids really love peanut butter, why not make these muffins for them? Even adults will rememeber childhood memories once they eat this peanut butter-filled treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Jelly (optional)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in peanut butter and two tbsp. of butter until the mixture is similar to coarse crumbs.
- Beat the eggs and milk. Stir these into the dry ingredients until they are moistened.
- Grease or line muffin cups with paper. Fill them with the batter mixture, about 2/3 full.
- Bake the muffins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 17 minutes. Test the muffins with toothpick to see if they’re already done.
- Melt the remaining butter and brush them over the muffin tops. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar as garnish. Allow the muffins to cool for ten minutes. Remove from the tin, and serve with jelly if you like.
Leave a Reply