Chiffon Cake is a staple in parties and formal dinners. If you are planning a party soon, make sure to add a chiffon cake in the menu. Why not give it a tropical twist by doing a Pineapple Chiffon Cake? Here is the recipe on how to whip up the one:
- 2 1/4 c of sifted cake flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 1/2 c of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 c of vegetable oil
- 3/4 c of pineapple juice (unsweetened)
- Crushed pineapple (for topping)
- 1 c of egg white (approximately 8 egg whites)
- 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar
- First off, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a tube pan, it will be used later.
- Take a large bowl and sift together the baking powder, sugar, salt and flour. Add in the egg yolks, pineapple juice and oil. Mix and beat using a wire whisk until the mixture turns smooth.
Take another mixing bowl and combine egg whites and the cream of tartar. Beat until it becomes very stiff.
- Pour the egg yolk batter over the egg whites. Fold egg whites and make sure everything is properly blended. Place the mixture over the tube pan you prepared earlier.
- Bake for an hour. Turn over and let cool. After 10 minutes or so, remove cake from the tube pan and split it into two layers.
- Whip 2 to 3 cups of whipped cream, crushed pineapple and sugar together. Place it on top of the cake as frosting or topping. Serve cool.
Leave a Reply