The pizza crust definitely makes or breaks the pizza itself. Knowing how to make a perfect pizza crust will definitely make every pizza you will be making delicious. A quick and easy way to make a pizza crust is to not wait for the dough to rise. This technique will yield a crispy crust that is also chewy on the inside. With this recipe, you can choose either bread flour or all purpose flour in making the dough. You can also choose to cook the dough in an oven, instead of a pizza stone.
For a great and easy to follow pizza crust, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 package dry yeast (active, .25 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup water (warm 110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the oven for baking, pre heat it 450F (230 C) ten minutes ahead.
- Dissolve active dry yeast and sugar in warm water. Let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes or until the mixture turns frothy and creamy.
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, and oil with the creamy yeast mixture and mix thoroughly until the consistency of the dough becomes smooth and there are no lumps present. Let it stand for about 5 minutes in room temperature.
- Lightly flour the surface you will be using when kneading the dough. Pat and roll the dough on the floured surface and turn it over so that the entire dough gets floured. Transfer the crust to a greased pan with cornmeal.
- You can now add in the toppings you want for your pizza or you can let the dough stand for twenty minutes.
Leave a Reply