Start your busy day with a hearty breakfast. Here’s a great recipe you can make that will give you all the energy you need to get through the day.
- 2 cups grated potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1/4 cup milk, scalded
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes and onions. Afterwards, place the mixture into a strainer to drain off the liquid.
- Once the starch has settled in the bottom of the bowl, try to pour the water off and place the starch back into the potatoes and onions mixture.
- Then pour the hot milk over the potato mixture and add one egg that has been beaten. Just make sure that you don’t place the egg into a mixture that’s too hot as it can instantly cook the egg.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder and seasonings.
- Combine with the potato mixture
- You may add chopped parsley for a fresh flavor and interesting color contrast.
- In a deep skillet, fill it to 1 to 2 inches of oil and heat before you place your potato mixture in it.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of potato mixture into the hot oil and deep fry until the pancakes get a golden brown color
- Before serving, make sure you drain the pancakes first using paper towels
- Best served hot with bacon and eggs
Makes 6 pancakes
Leave a Reply