These simple potato rolls are also served as dinner rolls. It can be topped with any kind
of spice that you want. Plus, to make the preparation easier and to add more flavor, simply use potato buds or potato flakes instead of mashed potatoes. This recipe only takes 35 to 40 minutes to prepare and makes 12 rolls.
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups of flour
- 1 package ¼ ounce active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Minced Onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup potato buds or flakes
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a mixing bowl, mix together yeast, 1 ½ cups of flour, sugar, salt, rosemary, and onions, to make a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat water, milk, oil, and potato flakes until extremely warm but not boiling.
- Let it cool for a minute and then pour gradually over the dry mixture. Add the rest of the flour to make spongy dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured flat area until smooth, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Put a cloth over it and let it rise. The waiting time is around 10 minutes.
- Slice the dough to make 12 small rolls.
- On a greased baking sheet, positioned the rolls with spaces of 2 inches.
- Cover with cloth again and leave for 20 to 40 minutes to rise.
- Beat one egg and then brush it lightly on top of the rolls. Add sesame seeds, rosemary, or poppy seeds on top, if desired.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes at 375º F.
Take out from the baking sheet and allow it to cool and serve.
Leave a Reply