Next time you plan to have a barbecue at your place; do not forget to keep potato salad on the menu. You won’t believe how fast it disappears from the table! Here’s an easy recipe for you to follow.
- Three pounds Russet potatoes
- Five hard-boiled eggs, four diced and one sliced
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- One teaspoon celery seeds
- Two tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Two teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Cider vinegar
- ½ cup sweet pickles, diced
- The first thing to do when making potato salad is to boil the potatoes. Potatoes should be boiled with their skins intact. Boil them till they become tender.
- Once they have been boiled, peel and dice them while they are warm. Now add mayonnaise and the four diced eggs to the bowl with the diced potatoes. Mix well. The mixture should become moist. Season with salt and pepper.
- To this mixture add the sweet pickles, celery, celery seeds, Dijon mustard, parsley, yellow onions, cucumber, and green bell pepper. Mix well so that all the ingredients get blended thoroughly.
- Transfer the salad to a large salad bowl. Garnish it with the sliced egg, parsley, and paprika. Your potato salad is ready to be served.
Leave a Reply