This is the best refrigerator roll recipe if you want a light, mildly sweet, and fluffy dinner rolls. These rolls freeze and bake well. You can refrigerate the dough and simply bake them whenever you want them.
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 6 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pour lukewarm water in a mixing bowl and add yeast, salt, and sugar and salt.
- Whisk lightly to fully dissolve the ingredients. Add soft butter, 3 cups of flour, and egg. Whisk with a wooden spoon to blend or use an electric mixer to beat the mixture until smooth.
- Gradually put in 1 cup of flour, with every addition, beat it hard to mix well. Use the remaining flour in kneading the dough until it’s elastic.
- Place the dough in a container and then brush the top with the melted butter.
- Cover with damp cloth and put inside the refrigerator for 2 hours. Let the dough rise to a size twice bigger when you first set it in the ref.
- Take it out, punch the dough, and put it back in the fridge. Refrigerate from 1 to 3 days and then get some portion of the dough.
- On a floured flat surface, roll out the dough into 3/8 inch thick. Slice it into equal portions using a biscuit cutter. With the blunt side of the knife, make a crease in the middle of the roll and then apply melted butter with a brush.
- Grease a cookie sheet and place each roll side by side with a space of 1 inch. Cover again and let rise until it expand.
- Apply melted butter and the bake in a preheated oven at 400 degree F for 15 minutes.
Leave a Reply