This recipe is perfect for those who want to watch what they eat (or for those who are health conscious) but still want to have a great bread to eat. This recipe makes rye bread that is delicious, and very nutritious. You can serve it with corned beef and cabbage and it is sure to become a big hit.
- 1 1/8 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Prepare your bread machine.
- Follow the directions that are provided by the manufacturers of your bread machine before you add all the ingredients. If the manufacturer did not provide any, you can use this order in placing the ingredients in the pan. Start with liquid, eggs, oils or butter, salt, sugars, dried or powdered milk, dried or fresh orange or lemon zest, dried herbs, flavorings, nuts, and seeds, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour or bread flour, then yeast.
- In this recipe, the above ingredients should be added in this particular order. First put the water, vegetable oil, molasses, salt, brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, caraway seed, all-purpose flour, rye flour, and then lastly add the yeast.
- In your bread machine, you should use the settings for whole wheat and light crust.
Leave a Reply