This scallop recipe is Asian inspired, a merry mix of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, green onions and celery flavors. This recipe is good for four servings.
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ribs celery, sliced thin diagonally
- 2 green onions with tops, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green peas, thawed and well drained (about 1 1/2 cups)
- hot boiled rice
- In medium bowl, put in the cut up scallops, soy sauce, sherry, garlic and ginger. Toss gently. Set aside to marinate while the other ingredients are being prepared.
- Pour the oil in a large skillet. Heat to medium high.
- Add the celery and onions. Stir fry for about two to three minutes then push to the side of the skillet.
- Add the scallops and marinade mixture, and cook until the scallops are tender. This will take around two minutes.
- Add the peas. Toss
everything around until evenly mixed.
Serve the mixture over a bowl of hot white rice.
Leave a Reply