Self rising flour can be used as a base for many bread and cookie recipes. It sounds fancy but in reality, it is only a mixture of flour, baking powder and salt that are blended well together. This mixture provides a nice lift to your breads without using yeast.
Self rising flour is relatively easy to make. So if you are up to the challenge of making it yourself, here is a simple self rising flour recipe that you can follow:
- Fine salt
- All – purpose flour
- Baking powder
Note: The amount of each ingredient will depend on how much flour would you want to use.
- To ensure that everything will be mixed together perfectly, get several small containers.
- Measure out one cup of flour and put each cup in one of the dry containers.
- Then add 1 and ½ teaspoons of baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt for every one cup of flour.
- Mix the ingredients in each container well.
- You can now sift the flour mixture in a larger container for storage.
- The self rising flour should be stored in a cool dry place for greater shelf life.
Leave a Reply