Shrimp gumbo is not just a tasty dish, but is also very fulfilling. If you have it once, you want to have it again and again.
- 2 pounds shrimp, de-veined
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 can of okra
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- ¼ green pepper, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- Take a pot and melt the butter in it. Once the butter has melted, add the all-purpose flour to it. Add water to this mixture so that gravy is formed.
- Take some butter in a skillet and sauté the okra in it. Add the sautéed okra to the gravy. Then add tomatoes, green pepper, onion, celery, garlic, and red pepper to the gravy. After these ingredients have been added to the gravy, add the shrimps to it. Also, add salt and pepper as per your liking to the mixture. Pour 2 cups of water to the mixture, and allow it to simmer for about an hour.
- Once the shrimp and other ingredients have been cooked in the skillet for about an hour, remove the red pepper from the mixture. Add marjoram, thyme, and sage to the mixture now. Let the contents of the skillet simmer for another half-an-hour.
- You can serve the Shrimp gumbo now. Rice will be the perfect accompaniment for it.
Leave a Reply