Sourdough Bread is a scrumptious recipe and
easy to prepare and serve. It requires no kneading at all! This basic bread recipe has that distinctive sourdough flavor and soft, chewy crust thus making it irresistible to bread lovers. Here’s how to make a starter Sourdough Bread:
- 1 pkg of active dry yeast
- 7 c of all purpose flour
- ¼ c of non-fat milk powder
- 3 ½ c of warm water
- 2 tbsp. of melted butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of salt
- In a small bowl, mix yeast and warm water together and set aside for five minutes. Add two cups of flour and stir until dough becomes smooth. Cover in a damp, clean towel, and leave in a warm area. Allow it to ferment for around 2 days, but don’t forget two stir it occasionally.
- Combine the milk powder, sugar, salt, butter, the remaining water and the remaining flour. This will form dough, but do not knead it! Cover it once again and wait for one to two hours, or until the dough has doubled.
- Place dough into a floured working surface and punch it down. Divide it into two equal parts, and shape into round pieces.
- Grease your baking pan and sprinkle in cornmeal. Place your dough onto the pans, and cover. Set aside for another 30 minutes. Draw an X mark on top of the dough. Bake them at 350 degrees F for around 40 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
Leave a Reply