If you like your food hot, then spicy shrimp is the dish for you. You can adjust the level of spiciness for your friends and family. In any case, this is one tasty dish.
For spicy rub blend:
- Three tablespoons cayenne pepper
- Three tablespoons spicy paprika
- One tablespoon black pepper
- One tablespoon kosher salt
- Two teaspoons granulated garlic
- One tablespoon sugar
- Two pounds shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- Three tablespoons spicy rub blend
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- One tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- The first task in the preparation of spicy shrimp is to make the spicy rub. For the rub, put all the necessary ingredients in a zip lock bag and mix it well. Set the bag aside.
- Now, you can go on to cook your shrimp. For this, heat the grill. Make sure it is hot before you commence cooking. Attach the shrimps onto a skewer.
- Take the spice rub out of the bag and mix lemon juice and oil in it. Mix the ingredients till they become pasty. Apply the paste liberally on both sides of the shrimp. Place the skewered shrimps on the grill. Grill it for about 3 minutes on both sides. Make sure that both the sides get grilled well, turn the shrimps over to the other side only once.
- Your spicy shrimp is ready to be served. Add a few wedges of lemon to it in order to increase its zest.
Leave a Reply