A great alternative to the calorie-laden pasta dishes with meat sauce is a spinach pasta dish. Spinach is a nutritious vegetable, full of calcium, iron, and antioxidants. For a great-tasting pasta dish that is also good for your health, why don’t you try this spinach pasta recipe?
- 1 16 oz package extra wide egg noodles
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic that have been pressed
- 1 1/2 10 oz packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 8 oz container cottage cheese
- 1 3 oz package finely grated Parmesan cheese
- To prepare the dish, cook the pasta first. Follow package instructions in cooking the pasta. Egg noodles usually cook after 10 minutes in boiling water with a few pinches of salt in it.
- When the pasta noodles are al dente, drain and return to the pot.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot already, add in the spinach and garlic.
- Sauté the mixture for 5 minutes, until the garlic turns a bit toasty and the oil has coated the spinach already.
- Add in the mixture to the pasta in the pot. Mix and add in the cottage cheese. When serving, add with grated parmesan cheese on top. This dish is perfect with white wine.
Leave a Reply