Sticky buns are bread roll made from white flour. As their name suggests, they have sticky tops and sides. Their flavor is a perfect combination of nuts, butter, and caramel. These buns are scrumptious and usually served for breakfast or eaten as snacks.
- 12 tablespoons or 1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup largely chopped pecans
- 1 package or 2
sheets of defrosted puff pastry
- For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a stainless muffin pan lined with greased baking cups.
- Mix 12 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar, in a bowl and beat using an electric mixer.
- In the baking cups, place 1 tablespoon of the butter and sugar mixture. Top the each mixture with pecans.
- Flour a flat surface. Spread out 1 sheet of defrosted puff pastry.
- Lightly brush the entire pastry sheet with melted butter. Leave a 1” border on the edges of the puff pastry.
- Pepper each pastry sheet with 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, and ½ cup of raisins.
- Snugly roll up the puff pastry and close the roll with a seam side down.
- Cut the edges of the roll and thrust it aside.
- Measure 1 ½ inches sideways and then cut the roll equally.
- Place the sliced rolls in baking cups and bake for 30 minutes at the preheated 400 degrees F oven or until the buns are golden brown.
- Allow to cool down for 5 minutes, turn the buns upside down and put in the filling using spoon.
Makes 24 buns.
Leave a Reply