Sticky buns are the best of breakfasts when they are made perfectly. Below is a recipe for cinnamon pecan sticky buns that you can serve during the most luxurious of breakfasts. This recipe makes 24 sticky buns and also goes great with brunch.
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 tsps dry yeast
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup dry non-fat milk powder
- 1 ¼ tsps salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups golden brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 4 tsps sugar
- 4 tsps ground cinnamon
- Combine ¼ cup warm water, yeast, and ½ teaspoon of sugar in a small mixing bowl. Set aside and let the mixture become foamy. This should take at least 8 minutes.
- Blend 2/3 cup sugar, ½ cup butter, milk powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl using a stick blender. Beat in eggs one by one.
- Pour remaining ¾ cup water and yeast mixture then add flour, one cup at a time. Use spatula to mix all ingredients together and scrape the dough away from the side of the bowl. Dough should be soft and sticky.
- Dust a wooden board with flour and knead dough until it becomes smooth.
- Grease a large bowl and place dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in room temperature for 2 ½ hours to let the dough rise. Grease also two 10-inch round cake pans.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat brown sugar, ½ cup butter, ¼ cup water, honey, and corn syrup together. Spread in bottom of cake pans and sprinkle pecans.
- Divide dough in two and roll each piece into a rectangle.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining teaspoons of sugar and cinnamon and lightly sprinkle over rectangular dough.
- Roll rectangular dough into logs then cut the logs into 12 buns. Place buns, cut side down, on the pans and cover with plastic. Set aside for an hour to allow the dough to rise some more.
- Bake buns in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until they are a deep golden brown.
- Let the buns cool on racks for 30 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply