Nothing beats a good strawberry chiffon cake. Chiffon cakes have the richness of butter pound cakes and the lightness of angel cakes. If done properly, your chiffon cake should be moist, soft and sweet.
- 1 ¼ c of cake flour
- ¾ c of pureed fresh strawberries
- 5 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- ½ tsp of cream of tartar
- ¾ c of sugar
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and half the sugar. Mix well. Add the strawberry puree and the oil, and stir continuously.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder. Add it into the egg yolk mixture.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl, place your egg whites and the cream of tartar. Beat using an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add the rest of the sugar gradually, and beat until the mixture is stiff enough to hold shape.
- Fold the egg white and egg yolk mixture together.
- Take a baking pan, grease lightly and dust with flour. Now, pour the batter into the baking pan and even out properly.
- Bake into the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until it is ready. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert the cake into a wire rack to cool for another 10 minutes. Use a spatula on the borders of the cake to remove it. Drizzle chocolate strawberry glaze over the cake. Serve.
Leave a Reply