Sweet potato pie is a great American dessert. An all-time favorite, it is very simple to cook as well.
- One pound sweet potato
- One unbaked pie crust
- Two eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter, softened
- One cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, grounded
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, grounded
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large pot, boil the sweet potatoes with their skins. Once the sweet potatoes become tender, remove them from the heat. Pour cold water over the sweet potatoes, and then remove their skins.
- Now, break the boiled sweet potatoes apart.
Add butter. Then, mix the two ingredients with the help of a mixture. To this mixture, add sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, as well as the vanilla extract.
- Beat this mixture till it is smooth. Fill the unbaked pie crust with this mixture. Bake the pie crust at a temperature of about 350 degrees F. You can check if the pie is baked or not by running a knife in the center of the pie. If the knife comes out clean, it means the pie is baked.
- The pie, after baking, will puff up like a soufflé. Allow it to cool down. Once it cools down, it will sink back. You can serve the sweet potato pie now.
Leave a Reply