Perfectly-made tortilla soup is succulent and tasty in its own right and it offers a change of taste and a lot of additional flavors. So, if you want to have a Mexican-inspired and sumptuous soup, here’s tortilla soup recipe that would surely wow even the most finicky of gourmets.
- 8 ounces tortilla chips ( it can be a little old cheap levitra prescription or not, and preferably dried)
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth cubes
- 1 can cubed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 medium seasoned avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lime chopped into wedges
- At the outset, if you’re going to use fresh tortillas for your soup, then you would have to let them dry for about 10 minutes or so in the oven at 200°F. On the other hand, if you have a little old and dried out tortillas, the better. The reason being is that it is easy to cook tortillas that are dried and only contain less moisture.
- Next, cut tortillas in half or in strips, and fry them in oil. Once the color of the tortillas turned light brown, remove them from the frying pan and set aside.
- Warm the oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and jalapeno chile for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the chicken stock or the broth cubes together with a can cubed of tomatoes and ½ teaspoon of coarse salt. Let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes, and then add the chicken.
- Serve with a peeled avocado, finely sliced into an inch, and scoop in soup. Sprinkle some cheese and cilantro. Finally, serve with lime wedges.
Leave a Reply