Tuna pasta has become a popular alternative for people who are conscious of making their pasta dishes healthier. The concern with people essays for sale eating pasta is that pasta is already laden with a lot of carbohydrates, and choosing the sauce of toppings to go with it is essential in making the dish better for the body. Thus, here is a pasta recipe with tuna in it.
- 1 large package spaghetti
- 1 cup julienned sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp rinsed capers
- 1/4 cup extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium diced sweet onion
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- Salt, crushed red or cayenne pepper, and black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Drain olive oil content of the tuna into a pan and add a portion of the 1/4 cup extra Virgin olive oil.
- Add the vegetables into the pan – onions, celery, capers, sundried tomatoes, and garlic.
- Put the flame low and simmer for 20 minutes, add little portions of the remaining extra virgin olive oil in 5 minute intervals and stir to keep the mixture from drying.
- Add the butter, white wine and more olive oil.
- Finally, add the salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sauce mixture into the pasta before serving and heat the tuna chunks. As soon as the tuna chunks get cooked, put it with the pasta and add more olive oil to make the dish healthier and more flavorful.
Leave a Reply