Not many are aware of the turkey burgers’ low-fat and high-protein content. These burgers may not grace the menus of the big fast-food giants, but they are extremely popular with health-conscious people. These burgers are easy to make, and do not even take much time.
- One pound turkey, grounded
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- ½ beaten egg
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Two tablespoons of French herbed bread crumbs
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, put together the ground turkey, onion, egg, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, Dijon mustard, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper, and mix them together. In case the mixture becomes sticky, add more breadcrumbs to it.
- Now shape this mixture into patties. You can decide about the size of these patties as per your liking. Coat each of these patties with olive oil so that they do not stick to the surface while they are being cooked.
- You may fry or grill these burgers. Cook them for about 5 minutes on both sides. You may serve with mayonnaise or salad if you like.
Leave a Reply