This is another great recipe which you can whip up from your turkey leftovers. An easy dish to make, turkey chili can be a wonderful snack.
- 4 cups of cooked turkey meat, shredded
- ¾ cup of turkey stock
- Two cups of onion, chopped
- Four cloves of garlic, chopped
- One cup green pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes, crushed
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- Two tablespoons tomato paste
- Two tablespoon chili powder
- One tablespoon cumin, grounded
- One tablespoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- One teaspoon dried oregano
- One tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the onions and green pepper in olive oil in a large pan, over medium heat for about 5 minutes. The onions should turn golden brown by then. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Cook for about two minutes.
- Add the turkey meat, turkey stock, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and oregano to the pan. Bring the contents of the pan to a simmer, and then reduce the flame. Allow the contents to simmer for another hour. Add some sugar to the mixture.
- You can serve the turkey chili.
Leave a Reply