This turkey meatloaf recipe uses breadcrumbs soaked in milk as one of the ingredients. This helps in making the meat tenderer. Also, this is a healthy recipe with low fat content.
- 1¼ pound turkey, grounded
- One medium-sized onion, cut into large pieces
- One medium-sized carrot, quartered
- 1/8 ounce of sliced mushrooms, chopped
- Two cloves of garlic
- ½ cup egg substitute
- One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup of non-fat milk
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk for a few minutes. Grate onion, carrots, and garlic together. Set aside in a bowl. Add the chopped mushrooms to the bowl.
- Crumble the ground turkey in grated vegetable mix. Add to this the milk and breadcrumb mixture. Stir well. Add the egg substitute, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato ketchup to this mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a baking tray, divide the mixture of all the ingredients into two loaves. Bake it for about 50 minutes. After the loaves have been in the oven for about an hour, check their temperature. If the temperature has reached 160 degrees Fahrenheit, remove the loaves from the oven. Allow them to reach room temperature before slicing them.
Leave a Reply