A dish from the South with scrumptious goodness is the best way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon with the family. This recipe for chicken croquettes is an honest-to-goodness Southern-style dish that will surely leave your taste buds yearning for more.
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease slightly your cupcake pan or just add cupcake papers.
- Combine the flours in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter using a mixer on medium speed. Then add the sugar slowly and continue mixing until fluffy.
- Put in the eggs one at a time while beating.
- Put in the dry ingredients in three parts while simultaneously adding the milk and vanilla. Be careful not to over beat.
- Fill in cupcake liners about 3/4 full of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick placed at the center of the cupcake comes out without any liquid batter sticking to it. Let them cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the pan. Put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply