For a delicious treat of bananas and chocolates combined and specifically prepared with a vegan twist, try this muffin recipe. Great for breakfast and afternoon snacks.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix well all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar) in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat soy milk, vanilla and melted vegan margarine until you get a creamy smooth texture
- Fold cream mixture into the dry ingredients
- When you get a lumpy mixture, you can then add the mashed bananas and cocoa to the mixture
- In eight greased muffin cups, pour in the batter, filling around 2/3 of the cup capacity
- Place in an oven that has been preheated to 350°F for about 25 minutes.
- If you want to test if the muffins are ready, prick a muffin with a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
- When the muffins are ready make sure that you cool them first before attempting to take them out of the muffin cups
Makes 8 muffins
Leave a Reply