A dish from the South with scrumptious goodness is the best way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon with the family. This recipe for chicken croquettes is an honest-to-goodness Southern-style dish that will surely leave your taste buds yearning for more.
- 3 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Use a large spoon to mix all the ingredients.
- After mixing the dry ingredients, make a well at the middle of the bowl and pour in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, white vinegar, and the cold water. If you don’t have a mixer, continue mixing using the large spoon until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Prepare the cupcake pan by putting paper cups into it. It would be even better if you have greased the paper cups.
- Now you are ready to pour the batter. Use a spoon to help you fill each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake them in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Check them if they are done by sticking a toothpick at the middle of a cupcake. If it comes out clean then they are ready.
- Allow them to cool on a wire rack. Decorate your vegan cupcakes with any vegan frosting of your choice.
Leave a Reply