For pasta lovers who are also conscious of balancing their dish with something nutritious, having vegetables certainly fills that need. Alas, most pasta sauces have meat content, thus vegetarians stay away from them. However, people who do not allow any meat in their diet can now enjoy pasta with vegetarian variations. This vegetarian pasta recipe is an answered prayer. For vegetarian pasta, you will need:
- 1 16 oz package uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Cook the pasta as per instructions in the package.
- Once the pasta is al dente, which usually takes around 10 minutes, drain.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic until its color changes into light brown.
- Add in the tomatoes, mushrooms, red and yellow bell pepper, zucchini, and onions.
- Cook the vegetables in the oil until they become tender.
- Put in the balsamic vinegar once the vegetables are cooked. Simmer for 2 minutes and toss the mixture with the cooked spaghetti.
- To serve, add the feta cheese on top.
Leave a Reply